Super Shopify Pro includes both the Pro and Basic version. To access the Pro mentorship, scroll down to the Mentorship section to find out more.
Picking Your Niche
Every successful store starts off by picking a successful niche, followed by a successful product. How do you pick a successful niche? First, start off with what you like and make a list. We made a list of 3 niches that we like:
When going through each of these niches, consider:
- Do I like it enough to build a store around long-term
- Is this niche easy to understand or can I learn about this very quickly
- Does this niche have an audience that is willing to keeping buying
- Does this niche include enough products for me to continue promoting and generate income long-term
- Does this niche contain products where I can afford to make small risks to grow
When asking all of these questions, we decided that watches is a niche that is most suitable for us and so this will be a niche that we build a store around.
Picking Your Product
Next we need to decide what product we wish to sell for that niche. Because you will be building a store for the first time, it is important that you pick a product that is:
- Easy to find
- Looks colorful, interesting and attractive
- Comes in a wide variety
To find the right product to sell to our niche, we will go to Amazon. We went on the Amazon Bestsellers page for watches which gave us other Bestseller categories including watch bands. When scrolling down this page, we need colorful nato straps that caught out attention.
You can see that these nato straps have been very popular on Amazon, with 576 4.5 star ratings. And you can see that this product comes in a variety of products. Usually 1 in 8 people who purchased a product would leave a review on Amazon, so roughly 4,500 to 5,000 would have purchased this product. Also, we know that:
- Watches have a very large fanbase
- People like to modify their watches and so are willing to spend money on accessories
Based on this, we believe that selling watch bands, including nato straps would be the best choice for us to sell in our store.
Finding Our Products
Go to Aliexpress and find your product. We search for nato straps and came to this page. You can see that this is also available in a number of colours which is perfect for us. You can also see that we can buy these straps for less than $2. We will be selling these straps for at least $12. So whenever someone orders from us at our store, we will than place an order with this supplier in which we are guaranteed profit each time. When finding your products, you need to consider the following:
- The number of orders already made
- The rating of the supplier
- Does the supplier provide tracked shipping
When considering our page, we can see that the suppliers had already received over 1,000 orders and is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars. This supplier also provides tracked shipping. For us this is the ideal supplier for us to order from.
Now that we have picked our niche and product, there is one more thing we need to do before we start to build our store, and that's ordering our sample products. You don't have to do this, you can certainly build your store right away but we recommend seeing sample products first. Why? Because:
- You can see what the products actually look like so that you can identify first hand what is good and bad about it, whether there are any flaws or defects.
- You can see how well this supplier delivers
- You can take your own product photos for your store and not have to use the same photos that other people use. Statistics show that store that use their own products generate 50% more sales compare to stores that use other people's photos
If customers receive a faulty product or a product that is different from what is advertised then you will receive problems. It is better to know what you are selling first to avoid any issues. Remember, longer shipping times are fine but you want to avoid situations where customers never receive their products.
We recommend spending no more than $20 on sample products. For us, we went ahead and ordered $20 on a bunch of nato straps of different colors and waited to receive them. If you want to have some sample products, order from the supplier and wait for them to arrive. Or if you want to build your store right away without having sample orders then simply skip this step.
Building Your Store
To build your store, you will need to sign up for Shopify.
How your store will look is based on your own personal preference, niche and product. Here are a few tips in building a successful store:
- Make sure that you have a logo. A logo doesn't need to be complicated, you can make a simple logo as long as people can see it clearly
- Have a simple brand name that people can easily know what you are selling. Try to include the product in your brand name
- Have a banner in your store. This gives you a chance to display your best product to your customers on your homepage
- Write your own product descriptions. Using your own descriptions will make you more unique to other stores. If you copy and paste the supplier's descriptions it will look unprofessional to the customers.
- Use a clean and simple design for your store. Try to stick to no more than 3 core colors and include white as one of them. If you have too many colors, it will be very distracting for the customers
- Include an email or contact form so that customers can ask your questions
- Include an FAQ so that you can address all customers' concerns before they contact you
- When you have built your store, test the store as if you are a customer so that you can identify certain flaws before you launch it.
- Your job is to make sure that the customer visits your store and makes a purchase in the least number of steps as possible. If you add too many steps then your customer is likely to become distracted along the way and you may even lose that sale
We have included an example of the nato strap store for you to follow the ideal structure. Click the link below to visit the site.
Promoting The Store And Generating Sales
Congratulations, you have now built your first store, which is step 1 in the process. Step 2 is now to promote your store and generate sales - this is the most fun part. Our promotion campaigns have generated over $10,000 of sales revenue for your stores and we can help you do the same.
The promotion and sales generation guide is available to our paid subscribers. Here we provide 1 on 1 mentorship in which we help all of our subscribers to generate over $10,000 in sales revenue every month from their store. See below what we offer in our 1 on 1 mentorship
1 on 1 Mentorship
Our mentorship is available for our active subscribers. Here is what you will get:
- You will receive a mentoring call session with me every month to discuss your progress and how you can continue to improve
- We review your store on a regular basis to make sure that it is optimized to generate sales
- We give you a blueprint on how to optimize your Facebook and Google marketing campaigns
- Targeting the wrong audience can cost you a lot of money. We will help you to target the right audience that is hungry to buy your products
- We review your free and paid advertising campaigns on a regular basis to make sure that is optimized to generate sales
- We will be on hand to answer any questions you have
Click here to book your mentoring sessions
Our 1 on 1 mentoring call sessions are very popular and they get booked up fast! Click the link above and go through the calendar to select your preferred time and date
Pro 1 on 1 Mentorship
Because you are a Pro member, you will receive all of the above mentorship plus:
- We will teach you how to extract multiple sales from each customer. For example, instead of paying $2 to acquire a customer that makes $10 worth of purchases, you be paying $2 to acquire a customer that makes $50 worth of purchases
- We will teach how to get your existing customers to buy from you again and again. You will be building a large base of repeat customers
- We will teach you how to scale up your store where you will be increasing your sales revenue every month
- We will regularly be reviewing your store and promotion campaign to make sure that your funnels are built to scale and generating multiple purchases from each customer
- You get exclusive offers and updates that are not available to Basic members
To make sure that you receive your Pro Mentorship don't forget to send us your proof of purchase when your book your mentorship call.
Enjoyed our course?
We recently tried this course and highly recommend that you check it out too!